Sunday 6 November 2011

Quick visit

Had a quick visit today to the allotment and wish I had more time, I've dug up more of my main crop potatoes only got about 5ft left then that's it. The spuds I've dug up are Maris Piper out of the row and half which I dug up only about 50% I can store,most of the spuds had holes in and were scabby will check them out once dry.

I've had a few potatoes this year do i can't complain just hope we had some larger ones for jackets, am going to order so new spuds for next year which are going to be big enough for jackets. I'm hoping to get to the allotment sometime this week to crack on with the last bit of potatoes to left to dig up,then start to sort the rest of the plot out of the weeds and a general tidy up.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you better get those potatoes dug up, any more rain and they will have soggy bottoms, not even good for the compost bin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi i did dig them up yesterday so now i am all sorted, just have to sort which i need to eat now and which to store. Thanks for the comment look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete